By Stefanie Camoni
Slime is increasing in popularity as the do-it-yourself trend. Kiddos love getting messy and feeling the texture between their fingers. Here is a child-safe recipe to use as a small group or individual activity. Using the picture chart posted below can help children learn skills associated with counting, measuring, becoming familiar with print and following directions. Remember, “Keep out of Reach of Children” items should not be left unattended.
Color Glue Slime
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of contact solution
- 1/2 cup White School Glue
- Your choice of food coloring
1. Wash your hands with soap and warm running water.
2. Pour 1⁄2 cup of White School Glue into a bowl.
3. Add 1⁄2 tablespoon of baking soda and mix
4. After mixing, add your choice of food coloring.
5. Mix and/or add more food coloring until you get the color you want
6. Add 1 tablespoon of contact solution
7. Mix until slime forms and it begins to get harder to mix
8. Take the slime out and begin kneading with both of your hands
9. If needed, add 1⁄4 tablespoon Contact solution to make the slime less sticky.